That’s the word that comes to mind when I think of you.
Even if I don’t know you personally, something I know about you is that you are tremendous. Tremendously beautiful, tremendously wise, tremendously funny, tremendously clear, tremendously strong, tremendously loving – tremendously tremendous.
You don’t believe me, do you? Not 100%. I’ll bet you can think of a list of things right now that you are not tremendously. Do you feel tremendously beautiful? Tremendously happy? Tremendously loving?
I’ll bet you can give me a whole list of times when you haven’t been those things.
I can definitely tell you about times when I didn’t feel tremendously happy or loving. And I know I have some photos of me where I don’t look tremendously beautiful.
Just think how hard we’d have to work to always look tremendously beautiful. That would be more than a full-time job! I don’t know about you, but I shutter at the thought!
But that’s where most people have it wrong.
Being tremendous isn’t about how you look or feel. None of us feels or looks tremendous 100% of the time. Heck! You may never feel tremendous.
That doesn’t change the fact that you ARE tremendous.
It’s who you are. The true you. The you underneath the fears, self-doubts, sadness and stuff from the past. The you that has a passion, a purpose and excitement.
I’m talking about the YOU that you were born to be.
I’ve worked with hundreds of clients and students who were scared to look at themselves. Scared to let go of the fears and the gunk that was covering them up. Scared that if they saw who and what they truly are, they’d be disappointed. Scared they’d disappoint someone else. Scared they weren’t good enough.
Most were equally scared that they’d find something amazing under all their stuff. Scared that they really were powerful, clear and strong. Scared they were really tremendous.
They were scared of having to live up to their greatness and being responsible for it. Scared they’d have to change their lives in ways they wouldn’t want to in order to live their tremendousness.
Do you know those fears?
Well, without exception, every one of them who was willing to look and willing to relax into the gentle process of allowing thei
Because underneath all the stuff, that’s who we really are. Who we’ve always been. Each and every one of us.r stuff to clear was awed by what they found. The deep peace, the quiet knowing, the confident clarity. The tremendousness.
For a lot of people, living their powerful, stupendous selves feels like putting on Wonder Woman bracelets or a Superman cape and going out to do battle.
The truth is that your tremendous power is rooted in the essence of who you are. The bracelets and cape aren’t something you put on. They arise from within you. And you don’t have to go do battle. You only have to be yourself.
So how do you connect with your true self and authentic power?
- Get clear about what your greater purpose is and why you have the business you do. Get clear about what you’re committed to in life.
- Keep at it. This is not a one-shot deal. With each step you take, you get greater clarity and more connection with yourself.
- Practice self-awareness. You can’t connect with the true you if you aren’t paying attention. What choices are you making? What do you feel drawn to? What do you do when you’re scared or overwhelmed? What do you really want?
- Be willing to try something new. There will be actions you need to take on the path to living your tremendousness, things you haven’t done before. Some of them will be uncomfortable. Some will feel scary. That’s okay.
You’ll probably have thoughts like:
- I don’t have time for this. It probably won’t really help anyway.
- I don’t have the money to get help or join programs.
- I don’t really believe in that stuff anyway.
Just remember, you can have these thoughts and fears AND still do it.
What are some things would you do in your life if you had absolute confidence that you are tremendous? I’d love to read them in the comments section below.